YOUR HOME FOR ALL THINGS Y SPORTS
The Y offers year-round youth sports and fun for kids at all skill levels. Learn a new sport or refine existing skills under the supervision of caring, skilled, and supportive Y coaches. Whether it’s gaining the confidence that comes from learning a sport or building the positive relationships that lead to good sportsmanship and teamwork, participating in sports at the Y is about building the whole child, from the inside out.
Click here to download our 2017 Recreational Youth Sports Calendar!
2017 Superior HealthPlan Summer Basketball League
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
Season: June 24 – August 12
Ages: 3-14 (Age as of June 24)
Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify (deadline to apply is the day before late registration; Limited funds are available; first come, first serve)
For member/non-member rates, volunteer coaching opportunities, sponsorship, or being a referee for current or future seasons, please call the YMCA (361-882-1741)
Youth Sport By Season
Summer season TBD
|NFL Flag Football
YMCA Adult Sports programs offer fun ways for men and women ways to stay active, get fit and explore new hobbies. Whether you are a seasoned athlete or just looking to explore a new hobby, we have something for you! From basketball to volleyball, the YMCA offers a variety of adult sports leagues and programs that provide fun and healthy activities for adults of all fitness levels.
Adult Sport By Season
There are no adult sports at the time due to availability of facilities.
|Sports (Season TBA!)||Spring||Summer||Fall||Winter|
|Men’s & Women’s Basketball League
|Coed Basketball League
|Tournaments (Volleyball, Basketball, Handball, Racquetball, & Dodge-ball )|
Special Needs/Miracle League
In partnership with the YMCA of the Coastal Bend, The Miracle League of Corpus Christi provides team sports for youth and adult with special needs, mental and physical disabilities. We also offer more programs other than just sports! Visit their website for more information.
Everyone deserves a chance to play!
Please click HERE to be forwarded to the Miracle League website.
Contact Jiselle Perez for more information at 361-882-1741.
Miracle League Sport By Season
Ages 5 +
Ages 5 +
Ages 5 +
Ages 5 +
Also offered is Summer Swim Lessons and Summer Camp!
Practices: Your child’s practice time and site will be determined by the coach after the coaches meeting. Practices are usually one hour or shorter and one time per week dependent on facility availability.
Games: A game schedule will be given to you by your coach, at the first practice. Games are usually once per week and last about an hour. Most games are held on Saturdays. Some programs have evening games as well. This is determined by the sports director and is dependent on facility availability.
Team Selection: Participants are placed on teams by age, requests, skill level, and school location (if applicable) and skill level. Occasionally teams fill up before the registration period has ended, therefore it is recommended that you sign up early.
Requests: Requests for team mates and coaches will be considered but are not guaranteed except in the case of immediate family.
Program Withdrawal: Our purpose is to provide the best quality programs for the most affordable price, based on adequate enrollment. Therefore, NO REFUNDS will be granted once the season has started. Please be sure your child is ready for participation in sports before enrolling.
YMCA Philosophy: In YMCA youth sports, we strive to provide a structured environment emphasizing fun and learning, while teaching sportsmanship and teamwork. In YMCA youth sports, every child gets the opportunity to participate equally, regardless of his or her ability. Everyone plays at the YMCA!
Seven Pillars of YMCA Youth Sports
- Everyone plays. Everyone receives equal practice time and plays at least half of every game.
- Safety first. Children may get hurt playing sports, but we do all we can to prevent injuries. We’ve modified each sport to make it safer and more enjoyable to play.
- Fair play. Fair play is about more than playing by the rules. We’re more interested in developing children’s character through sport than in developing a few highly skilled players.
- Positive competition. Learning to compete is important for children, and learning to cooperate in a competitive world is an essential lesson of life. These are the lessons we want to teach through Y Youth Sports.
- Family involvement. In addition to serving as volunteer coaches, officials and timekeepers, we encourage parents to be at practices and games to support their child’s participation.
- Sport for all. Y Youth Sports is an inclusive sport program. We offer programs to all children regardless of race, gender, religion or ability. We support and appreciate the diversity of children and encourage children and their parents to do the same.
- Sport for Fun.Children love the challenge of mastering the skills of the game, playing with their friends and competing with their peers. While we enjoy adults’ participation, remember that sports are for the kids—we want them have fun.
Sports & Miracle League Program Director