“Besides parents, coaches are the most influential adults in a kid’s life.”
A mainstay of YMCA offerings for young people, Y youth sports programs fill kids’ discretionary hours with positive activities and caring cooperation over winning at any cost, developing good values over developing the next superstar. Basketball and volleyball, both YMCA inventions, are popular youth programs, as are T-ball, and soccer. Volunteer Coaches must be at least 16 years of age.
(MUST COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE TWO FORMS ABOVE; YOU WILL BE CONTACTED IF YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED)
Lead your team
If you are interested in being a volunteer coach, please contact the sports director.
No formal experience necessary. Free online training is available!
- Turn in the Volunteer Coaches Forms. If you already have one on file, you do not need to fill out another form. Each coach will undergo a Criminal Background Check – You will not receive your roster or jerseys until this is turned in and filled out completely.
- Review the Sports Parent Handbook for complete league information.
- Review the Coach Manual and Emergency Procedures for your records.
- Attend the mandatory Coach’s Meeting
- Participate in your section of the online training program.
Coaches Corner – YMCA coaches online training! No experience needed. We are here to teach our Volunteer parents how to be effective leaders in youth sports!