- Sign-up utilizing the monthly bank draft system. This bank draft can be stopped by giving the YMCA a thirty day written notice. There are no yearly contracts with this membership.
- Or sign-up by paying the annual membership rate in full. (The annual rate is non-refundable and equal to 12 X the monthly bank draft fee and expires one year from registration)
Bring the following completed document to the YMCA to start your exercise program.
- Bring a voided check,
- Complete bank draft authorization form
- Complete the attached membership application,
- Membership release form
- Membership health questionnaire:
YMCA of the Coastal Bend 417 S. Upper Broadway Corpus Christi, TX. 78401 361-882-1741
Reasons to join the Y
Mission Statement The YMCA of the Coastal Bend Mission is to put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Core Values The YMCA is a shared experience for everyone to enjoy. Each of us can make it better for all by being considerate of others. YMCA members, volunteers and staff pledge to treat one another with Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Membership Changes You may need to change your membership for several different reasons: adding a child, removing a grown child, a change of address, change of bank account, etc. Should you need to change any of your membership information, please complete a simple YMCA Change Form at the YMCA Member Service desk.
AWAY Membership Your YMCA of the Coastal Bend membership travels with you. If you are out of town for business or pleasure, your membership enables you to visit most YMCA’s in the United States as part of the Always Welcome At YMCA’s (AWAY) program. Please be sure to check with the YMCA where you will be visiting to find out their current AWAY membership practices and procedures. Your membership MUST be currently active at your home YMCA.
Membership Cancellations You may cancel your YMCA membership at any time with a written 30-day notice. Should you decide to part ways with the YMCA, we ask that you complete and sign the YMCA Cancellation Form, available at the YMCA Member Service desk. Unfortunately, verbal, fax and phone notices cannot be accepted.
Membership Refunds Should you decide to cancel your membership with the YMCA of the Coastal Bend, we will happily stop the automatic withdrawal from your bank account upon request. Joining fees are non-refundable. We are unable to refund membership fees due to lack of use or non-attendance. Please monitor your monthly bank statement for discrepancies. Should you discover an error on our part and report it within 60 days, we will correct our error and refund the appropriate amount. There will be no refund of erroneous payments after 60 days.
Try the Y! If you would like to check out all the YMCA of the Coastal Bend has to offer, you can buy a one-day membership. The current daily guest fee is $15 per person for ages over 18 and $10 for 17 and under.
Member Code of Conduct Using the principles of Honesty, Responsibility, Caring and Respect as a guide, we have implemented the following Code of Conduct to ensure that all who participate with the Y enjoy a safe, welcoming and comfortable environment. We ask individuals to act in a manner that upholds these principles at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs. We expect those using the YMCA to behave in a way that shows respect and caring for others, which includes not using any language or engaging in any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Specifically, actions not adhering to these guidelines and are not permitted include:
- Wearing inappropriate attire. Attire must be appropriate, including swimsuits only in the pool area, and shoes, shorts and shirts or leotard in other areas of the facility. Clothing with vulgar or profane writing or language is not allowed.
- Using angry or vulgar language including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Making physical contact with a person in any angry or threatening way.
- Engaging in sexual activity or contact with another person.
- Harassing or intimidating by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior.
- Stealing or other behavior, which results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons devices or objects which may be used as a weapon.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property or in YMCA vehicles.
- Smoking. All YMCA facilities offer a smoke-free environment for those who use them.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from doing so.